Once the kidneys are detoxified, a healthy flow of nutrients is free to make their way to the scalp where they promote healthy hair growth.
Here is a list of the top 10 most effective herbs for detoxification.
1. Chamomile — a great relaxant and good for the stomach, which helps if you’re tense. It reduces inflammation and it’s a tissue healer — inhale the azulenes given off in the steam to soothe the inflamed mucous membranes of the nose, throat, and chest.
2. Skullcap Scutellaria — improves the functioning of the nervous system; calming effect- it’s good if you’re frazzled.
3. Yarrow — tones the blood vessels and helps you purge toxins by sweating them out.
4. Peppermint — calming, good for the stomach, clears the head, relaxing — and it tastes nice!
5. Elderflower — decongestant, soothing to the mucous membranes; helps to clear out the mucous and catarrh that settles in the lungs of most smokers.
6. Ground Ivy — also a decongestant and helps clear out mucous and catarrh.
7. Licorice — this is an adrenal tonic, so it will perk you up and stop you from missing the ‘hit’ of the nicotine quite so much. It’s also demulcent — soothing on the throat — so if you have a smokers cough, this will help. You can get licorice root as sticks, that you can chew if you want to have something in your fingers and your mouth — good if you’re used to cigarettes as a ‘prop’ — and you can use chunks of licorice root in the tea.
8. Sarsaparilla root increases the flow of urine and breaks up gas. Classified generally as a blood purifier, it is commonly used for various eruptive skin disorders.
9. Milk Thistle seeds are used for liver, gall bladder, and spleen support. It is commonly used as a liver protector when consumed before meals and alcohol consumption.
10. Red Clover is a blood purifier that is mild and mineral-rich. It is good for the general prevention of health problems and maybe consumed freely without any known side effects.
Your outer appearance is a pure reflection of how you take care of your inner body. A healthy body, mind, and spirit can be affected by many outside forces. Impurities can be hidden in our air, food, and water, and a build-up of toxins can lead to poor digestion, fatigue, lowered immunity, and skin problems.
We urge you to start detoxifying easily by first starting off with some detox teas. There are so many brands which work effectively in detoxifying your body! Start living healthy today!