Hundreds of medications, treatments, cleansers, and cosmetics are available for people with acne, but the most important elements of an acne-fighting program wont cost you a cent. Heres why.
1. You must avoid junk foods. While they might not immediately bring on acne, they’ll give you the same tired look whenever you look in the mirror. The junk foods cause a chain reaction throughout your body – which will result in oily skin and breakouts.
2. You must avoid stress, especially on your facial skin. Stress can cause you to secrete your hormones, which will lead to more acne.
3. You must avoid things that can leave your skin dry and flaky. Dry skin is one of the leading factors for acne.
4. If you decide to use makeup, make sure that your makeup is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. There are a few people out there that use expensive makeup that contains harsh chemicals that might leave them with more acne than the acne they had before.
5. Use a moisturizer or cream to soothe your skin. If you arent using something for your face, you aren’t using something for your body.
6. The sun is a big no-no. The sun stimulates your sebaceous glands, which will lead to more acne.
7. The last thing you would ever want to do is use a sunscreen. You want to go the chemical-free route, because chemical sunscreens will dry out your skin significantly, which is not what you want. Also, you don’t want to increase your acne, so you don’t want to increase your sebum production either.
Now, let’s take a look at what you can do to fight off acne.
1. Take a multi-vitamin. You need more healthy vitamins in your diet. Your multi-vitamin will provide you with a decent amount of nutrients.
2. Eat lots of carrots, broccoli sprouts, and other foods high in beta carotene. Your skin needs these types of nutrients, because they help your eyes.
3. Drink lots of water. Water is a way to purge toxins from your body. And, if you aren’t drinking enough water, your body won’t be able to rid itself of toxins as well as it should.
Now, get rid of those pimples, zits, and blackheads that you’ve had for too long. Remember, if you are not eating healthy foods and drinking enough water to flush away toxins, your body won’t be able to fight off acne.