This Low Carb, Keto Friendly Banana Bread is precisely what you have actually been missing on your ketogenic diet plan! Try it with your preferred additions, like chocolate chips or sliced nuts.
Oh, how I have actually missed out on banana bread. Is it dessert? Is it breakfast? I have no concept– all I understand is that it’s 100% tasty!
Bananas are quite high in carbohydrates, so I had actually all but composed it off when I began consuming keto. However one day, as I was throwing away some overripe bananas that my kids had not consumed– I chose to provide it a shot.
I wasn’t sure that it was even possible to make a low carbohydrate banana bread. I indicate, Bananas and Bread are both typically off-limits for low carbers. However, I’m constantly up for a difficulty so I chose to offer it my best shot.
I initially attempted utilizing banana extract instead of genuine bananas. Nevertheless, I recognized quite rapidly that extract wasn’t gon na suffice. The texture was all incorrect and it tasted more like banana sweet than real bananas.
I chose that if I just utilized one banana, I might keep that banana taste without raising the carbohydrates excessive. This simply left the problem of texture.
Standard banana bread (a minimum of excellent banana bread) is actually damp, and the banana is a big factor to that. To prevent a dry bread, I tossed in some additional egg yolks and flax meal. It completely worked and the outcome was seriously AMAZING!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BANANA BREAD
To start with this banana bread, pre-heat your oven to 350F and prepare a muffin pan or loaf pan, with nonstick spray. Next, mash your banana in a big blending bowl, then include the eggs, egg yolks, melted butter, and vanilla stirring to integrate. You might likewise toss this all into a food mill or mixer, however I choose to blend by hand.
KEEP IN MIND: For dairy-free or paleo you might sub melted coconut oil or Ghee for the butter. I advise attempting this vanilla bean ghee– it’s so great and I believe it would make a terrific addition to baked products if you decide for ghee!
After that, integrate the almond flour, flax meal, Erythritol, salt and baking powder in a different bowl and stir. Then, include the dry components into the damp and blend well.
At this moment, you can fold in some chocolate chips or sliced nuts if you would like. I like Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate, however there are a lot of keto-friendly chocolate choices.
Next, transfer to the ready baking meal and bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes for muffins and 35 minutes for a regular-sized loaf.
KETO BANANA BREAD
This Keto Banana Bread is precisely what you have actually been missing on your
ketogenic diet plan! It makes the ideal low carbohydrate treat or fast keto breakfast. Try it with your preferred additions, like chocolate chips or sliced nuts.
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 2 big eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of butter melted (sub ghee or coconut oil for dairy complimentary, paleo choices).
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour.
- 1/4 cup of flax meal.
- 1/2 cup of confectioners erythritol or sweetener of option.
- 1/4 tsp of salt.
- 1 tsp Baking Powder.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin or big loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a big bowl, mash the banana with a fork then include the melted butter, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla. Stir up until well integrated.
- In a different bowl, integrate the almond flour, flax meal, erythritol (or other sweetener), salt and baking powder. Stir up until it’s all blended together.
- Slowly integrate the dry components with the damp, stirring after each addition, up until they are well integrated.
- Transfer batter to muffin tin or loaf pan, and bake 20 minutes for muffins and 30-35 minutes for a loaf pan.